Take advantage of our best-in-class compliance solutions to help you achieve compliance, and protect your livelihood.
Capital Processing Network recognizes that PCI Compliance is necessary for protecting both your business and your customers from fraud.
What is PCI Compliance?
PCI Compliance is achieved through adhering to a stringent set of security standards and credit card information handling “best practices” (PCI-DSS), which was formulated by the PCI Security Council. The council was created by Visa, American Express, MasterCard and Discover to help combat today’s epidemic level of credit card fraud. The sections on this page will explain more about what PCI-DSS is, how this will benefit you as a merchant, how to become compliant, and how we provide solutions to help you fulfill this mandatory requirement.
PCI Frequently Asked Questions
Do these standards apply to me?
PCI Compliance applies worldwide to all merchants and who accept credit cards as a form of payment. Protecting cardholder data is every merchant’s responsibility.
What are the possible penalties for not being PCI Compliant?
In the event of a “Breach” or compromise of cardholder data, Non-PCI Compliant merchants are responsible for any losses due to fraud, and could face fines and forensic investigation costs that can easily exceed thousands of dollars. The reputation of your business is also at stake. Future sales lost due to customer security concerns can prove to be even more damaging to the life of your business. We Offer state-of-the-art PCI Compliance solutions to help safeguard your financial stability and reputation.
How is adhering to these standards good for my business?
By adhering to PCI-DSS you will
- Help protect your customer trust
- Preserve the reputation of your brand
- Insulate your business from catastrophic fines and remediation costs
- Enhance customer confidence
Do we provide PCI Compliant credit card processing devices and software?
All solutions offered by us are PCI-PTS and PA-DSS compliant. This includes credit card terminal devices, online processing software and money-saving Pin Based Debit pin pads.
How can I obtain or renew PCI Validation for my business?
As part of our merchant PCI Assessment Solution, we partner with a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) to make your PCI Validation process as manageable as possible. QSAs are the only entities certified by the PCI Security Council to assess compliance with the PCI-DSS. Our select QSA is a vital resource for assisting merchants in navigating and interpreting the PCI-DSS standard, and performing Network Penetration scans for merchants who process via internet, or on a local network. Call one of our PCI Specialists to learn more about becoming compliant (877) 456-9747, and choose option 4.
Get Started Right Now!
The PCI-DSS Consists of 12 Requirements
Build and Maintain a Secure Network
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
- Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
Protect Cardholder Data
- Protect stored cardholder data
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
- Use and regularly update anti-virus software or programs
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
Implement Strong Access Control Measures
- Restrict access to cardholder data by business need to know
- Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data
Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- Regularly test security systems and processes
Maintain an Information Security Policy
- Maintain a policy that addresses information security for all personnel
A more detailed list can be viewed by clicking this link: PCI DSS Requirements